Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Review-Where hope comes from by Nikita Gill

   Titlle: Where hope comes from

   Author: Nikita Gill

   Publishing House: Trapeze

   Nr. Of Pages: 160

   Raiting: 5⭐/5⭐


,,Even in sickness, this world
is allowed to be beautiful.
And we are still allowed to love it,
for there is always room for hope.
This is just me checking in,
sending you the moon as a poem,
praying and wishing for us all
a speedy recovery
And if nothing else,
there will always be poetry.
We will always have poetry.”


   This book is not just any book, it's a book of poems. For me, poetry is a thousand times more beautiful than prose. But only if it's as deep as I expect a poetry book to be. But this one is about the pandemic, about everything that was back then, about everything we felt, about all the sadness, the pain, the loss that followed that awful thing. 

   Where hope comes from is about our lost freedom, about silence, about distance and about loved ones. Where hope comes from is about everything we, as humans, have felt in the past years. How can you not love such a beautiful book?

   Some poems are sadder, some are happier, some are meant to intrigue, others to frustrate you, but this whole book is about how we managed to get through everything. With hope, we got to live today, three years later. And this hope is portrayed so beautifully in the poems between the pages of this book!

   Although a review of a book of poetry can't be as detailed as a review of a book of prose, I can't help but mention how impressed I was by this little book! I loved this book so much! This is the perfect reminder for me to read more poetry books! I had almost forgotten that poetry is my first love, before prose. And I discovered this writer by chance, after reading a poem of hers that was popular on social media.

   I empathized a lot while reading this book with us from the past. I remembered those years and I found myself very much in Nikita's poems. I wholeheartedly recommend reading her book, even though all of 2020 has already passed. I recommend it at least to remember that we managed to get through everything!

   Where hope comes from is not just a book about the pandemic, it is much more than that and you need to discover it if you haven't already! Nikita Gill is amazing, and her poems reach directly to the hearts of the readers. After all, despite everything that will come in this life, we will always have poetry.

   So, I hope you'll love this book, and if you loved Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur, this is the perfect reading because is written in the same style! Now, after reading this book, I can only think about this: what a beautiful day to be alive! So many years later…

This is my Bookstagram account, where you can find bookish posts and artsy stuff: @angelsfrombooks

The book is published at Trapeze Publishing House
Thank you for reading my review! 😊

Trimiteți un comentariu

0 Comentarii