Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Review-Point of retreat by Colleen Hoover

   Title: Point of retreat

   Author: Colleen Hoover

   Publishing House: Simon & Schuster

   Nr. of Pages: 385

   Slammed Series: 

   1) Slammed (review)

   2) Point of retreat

   3) This girl (review)


   ”If I were a carpenter, I would build you a window to my soul. But I would leave that window shut and locked, so that every time you tried to look through it all you would see is your own reflection. You would see that my soul is a reflection of you.


   Will and Layken have been through a lot, but all that matters right now is that they are in love and they finally can be together. Life seems so beautiful and even though they suffered more than any teenager, they have each other. Well, more or less... 

   Now they are both siblings to their brothers and parents, trying to fill the empty place left when their parents died. And like every responsibility, this comes with a price. Even if they are neighbours and their brothers are best friends, even if they spend most on the time like a family, there is never time for them to be alone. 

   With Eddie, Gavin and their new neighbours, Sherry and Kerstin, Will and Layken are never alone. For two people who lost everything, the comfort of having friends which are like family is a relief. But for two people who are in love, which never spent their nights together, this can be a blessing, but also a curse. 

   Counting the weeks until they will be alone, Will and Lake don't know what awaits them. Because when you and your other half have the same life, you can't help but wonder: Is this love, or it's just two people with the same heartbreaking fate?  What if this is what binds them? What if the suffering brought them together and not their love? What if their love it is actually a lie?

   When the past begins to shatter their present, their love becomes fragile. Will is losing his hope and Layken is losing her trust. How can a love so beautiful turn into something so painful?  How can you love someone so much and also cause them so much sadness?

   And with a slam, when they finally realize they are soulmates, the destiny tears them apart. The biggest challenge of their lives is going to steal everything from them and from the people they love. This could be the Point of retreat. But does love have anything like this? Isn't love the one that heal the broken hearts, the broken spirits, the broken lives?  

   I was fifteen when I read Slammed for the first time and I reread it two years ago and I loved it like the first time! Back then, when I found out this is a trilogy, I was so sad because I couldn't read books in English yet. But I started to read in English four or five years ago and in December I bought these two volumes that I had dreamed of since I was fifteen!

   So just like that I met Will and Layken again! I can't believe this volume was as good as the first one! I missed these two so much, especially because Slammed was one of the first books that broke my heart. Will and Lake were two characters that won a place in my heart since the first book of this series. But now that I got a chance to read Point of retreat, I can say this is one of the most beautiful, emotional and heartbreaking series I have ever read!

   Their story in this book was as beautiful, sad and deep as the one in the first book. But I was so curious where will the destiny take them and I felt to much while reading this! Happiness, sadness, grief, amusement and melancholy! The first part of the book was so funny and cute! I found the same characters, the same jokes and, last but not least, I found again my dear The Avett Brothers band mentioned between the pages!

   But in the second part of the book I was shocked and so hurt and I didn't even see that coming! But this is Colleen, an amazing author with a huge talent, perfect to amaze her fans! In fact, how can anyone read her books without falling in love instantly with the characters! Doesn't anyone love Will, Lake, Lily, Hope, Holder, Owen and all their amazing stories?

   I feel like I'm fifteen again and I jump into this beautiful world of reading! And this is what I feel every time I read an amazing book! Will and Lake are one of the most beautiful couples because of their sweet, heartbreaking and innocent story! I can't wait to read the last book!

   I can't stop recommending this series! All I wish is for as many people as possible to read the story of these beautiful characters! Colleen is one of my favorite authors ever and I will recommend her books every time I get the chance! Just read this series and fall in love with every slam, every memory, every scene, every heartbreak and, of course, with our beloved Will! 

   Thank you for reading my review, guys! I hope you will love this story! 

This is my Bookstagram account, where you can find bookish posts and artsy stuff: @angelsfrombooks

You can find Colleen Hoover's books published at Simon & Schuster Publishing House.
Thank you for reading my review! 😊

Trimiteți un comentariu

0 Comentarii