Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Review-All your perfects by Colleen Hoover

   Title: All your perfects

   Author: Colleen Hoover

   Publishing house: Simon & Schuster

   Pages: 308

   Raiting: 5⭐/5⭐


   ''Can a love story with a perfect beginning survive a lifetime between two imperfect people?''


   Quinn met Graham, the love of her life, right in front of her fiancé's apartment, when they both caught their partners cheating. Her fiancé and his girlfriend were inside, and they were on the other side of the door, two strangers living the worst moment of their lives. But Quinn and Graham went through this together, even though they were just strangers. 

   They couldn't deny that there was an attraction between them, a little spark, something  that made him leave his phone number to this woman for whom he instantly felt too much. Quinn and Graham broke up with their unfaithful partners and they would have gone straight to the road of revenge if it hadn't hurt so much.

   Maybe it was destiny, maybe it was the fresh wound from their broken hearts, but they couldn't do anything. That was when Quinn promised to call him after her heart will heal. And it will take at least half a year until she calls him. But this happened seven years ago, before they met the real, unbearable pain.

   All your perfects is another beautiful, heartbreaking story with double perspective. We have then, when Graham and Quinn didn't even know if they will end up together, and we have now, seven years later, when their love crumbles. We have the beautiful story of their love, their beginning, the realization of the fact that they are soulmates, their memories, their overwhelming love, but now, we also read about a painful life, a fading love story, a marriage without a child, a broken woman and a devastated man, two empty souls, the ghosts of the lovers they used to be, madly, deeply in love with each other.

   Now, Quinn wants a child so much but she can't offer Graham one, so she is drowning in a sea of sorrow, she hides behind a wall that Graham cannot pass, and the chasm between them is too deep to be crossed. 

   Day by day, night by night, Quinn becomes this woman who hates everything she once loved. Despite his love and care, she only sees what they don't have. Once, the destiny sent her a message, and she failed to listen... 

   ''If you only shine light on your flaws, all your perfects will dim.''

   All their perfects faded, darkened by the one thing they cannot have. And when the love is missing, when you can't recognize the love of your life, when you both make mistakes and when just the two of you is not enough anymore, isn't just easier to leave? But what if you can save what you have? What if you give up on the most precious treasure you ever had and you'll ever have? It's time for them to shine bright on their love...

   "If God didn't believe in me, then I'd have to believe you were just a coincidence. And you being a coincidence in my life is a lot harder for me to fathom than the mere existence of a higher power."

   All your perfects was on my wish list since forever and I finally bought it this winter and here I am, three months later, finishing another amazing story written by one of my favorite authors! This book was exactly like those heartbreaking stories which Colleen wrote years ago. I had that amazing feeling while reading it, like I felt when I read Slam for the first time, or Hopeless, that amazing emotion inside my heart that was telling me I discover another favorite book!

   Quinn's and Graham's story broke my heart in a way I didn't expect. Being a witness of their amazing love, reading about their first years together, about their plans, about their chemistry and their overwhelming love, just to read then about the present, about their heartbreaking pain, reading about their suffering, I couldn't help but cry, a lot.

   And this wasn't even the most painful part, because after that I read the last pages of the book and Graham's words broke me. The last thirty pages were like a rollercoaster of emotions and I cried my heart out. Colleen broke my heart again and you know what? I think these are the books I love the most! What is more beautiful than reading a book that makes you feel everything? I blamed Quinn a lot, from the beginning and almost until the end, but then I tried to put myself in her shoes and I realized how broken she was, how awful the place she was living in was, like her mind chained her without the possibility of escaping.

   But from another point of view, I watched how all of these devastated Graham and he was still there for here. His unconditional love was so deep, so real and so beautiful, his way of showing how much he loves her and his sweet words filled my heart with love, compassion and sadness because he deserved so much more.

   I think this is the best way Colleen could have showed us how the true love can be challenged. This is the way this amazing author shows us that every relationship can be saved, just if we are brave enough to live in the present and love both our perfections and our flaws. I can't find my words to recommend this book as I want to do it because you can't understand how beautiful this story is until you read it. 

   I recommend this book with my whole heart, I recommend Colleen Hoover and her wonderful stories and I hope you'll love them as much as I did! I am glad I met Quinn and Graham and their story is now a part of my heart! Just read All your perfects!

   Thank you for reading my review, darlings!

This is my bookstagram account, where you can find bookish posts and artsy stuff: @angelsfrombooks

You can find Colleen Hoover's books published at Simon & Schuster Publishing House.
Thank you for reading my review! 😊

Trimiteți un comentariu

0 Comentarii